Monday, June 16, 2003

Harry Potter: Overmerchandized?

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

The New York Times has an article on the latest horrific wave of Harry Potter merchandizing. How kids are suspicious of it. How JK Rowling doesn't like it and tries to reign it in. How it might be overshadowing the books themselves--in other words, the EXACT SATIRICAL POINT of Barry Trotter and the Unauthorized Parody. And yet the parody isn't mentioned. There's even a section on sleazy no-goods trying to cash in! I'm a sleazy no-good, too--what about me?



Pique aside, I blog it mainly for the Oak Park, IL connection--where I went to high school. It's almost as if the Times were determined to mention every aspect of my life, without mentioning me by name...I'm trying not to be too depressed about it--the Times is mostly made-up nowdays, anyway...

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!