Thursday, October 28, 2004

Mike Gerber, true American patriot

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

As some of you know, I grew up in St. Louis and am a fan of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team--the team which just lost, in convincing, nay humiliating, fashion to the Boston Red Sox in the World Series. Something that is noticably absent in all the coverage of the Red Sox' victory is the deal I made with the Universe, as the Series began. "Universe," I said, "I will accept a Cards' defeat only on this condition: that George Bush loses the Presidential election." The Universe was silent, as usual (it thinks it's too good for us) but I consider the Red Sox' victory formal--and I'd like to add right here in public, legally binding--acceptance of my deal.



So: expect Kerry in a landslide, and you're welcome!

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!