Friday, April 2, 2004

Book lovers are an angry lot...

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

...these days. Luckily for the Princes of Power, our rage pours out in nothing more threatening than letters to the editor and screeds like this one wherein the author gives a laundry list of everything conspiring to thwart literacy and literature. Writing and selling books has never been motivated by the same things as other forms of capitalism; there is more than a whiff of addiction to it all. And anything created for reasons other than pure profit will have a hard time in our present world.



Still, I can't help feeling blue when yet another shop of the crammed and warren-like type I love shuts its doors. I guess I oughta pull a Larry McMurtry and start one myself. There will be cats, couches, and a great humor section...



Just finished Barry Trotter and the Dead Horse. It's slated for the Fall--watch this space for details...

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!