Monday, November 25, 2002

Oh great, now I have a Joy Division song stuck in my head

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

Moving on, there's a new parody of "Animal Farm" out, with a supposed anti-capitalist bent...Is book publishing "a field that the rest of our culture has begun to regard with the quaint benevolence one feels toward children and old pets"? I would say no, I like my old dog Lucy much more than that, but here's an interesting perspective on the National Book Awards...Speaking of, if you missed Michael Kinsley's breathtakingly obnoxious piece about voting as a judge for those awards without actually reading many of the books, here it is. The only good thing about Kinsley is that you can make fun of him, but the worst thing about him is that it's so easy. What a creep...Finally, sources say The New Yorker will post a profit of $1 million this year, reducing their total deficit under Newhouse to $214 million.

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!