Wednesday, October 9, 2002

Michael Moore's latest...

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

...Bowling for Columbine, is reviewed in this week's Village Voice. From the review, I gather the documentary suffers from the same faults as its star--interesting, entertaining, necessary...and in love with itself and its point of view. We won't shoot him into the Sun. For now.



Blog-Plug: College pal Pete Delevett is now a columnist for the San Jose Mercury News. Check out his archive at www.peterdelevett.com. (Damn it, I bought up peterdelevett.org, .net, .gov, .mil., .us, and .tv--how was I to know he would pick .-fucking-com?) Anyway, you may have outwitted me this time, Pete, but I still enjoyed your piece about the stand-up comic with the disfigured face. Have I ever showed you my chicken pox scars?



A Judge Denied...a Florida man's request to change his name to "God." It appears the Vietnam War is to blame.



And finally...fans of the novelists William Gaddis and W.G. Sebald should read Ed Park's article in the latest Voice Literary Supplement. I'm avoiding that article about the perils of writing your second book, so I can go Attack the Monster with confidence. (And no, "attacking the monster' is not a euphemism.)



P.S. That, by the way, is why this blog isn't very funny. I'm writing about 2,000 words a day on a comic novel. Frankly, if I used all the jokes up on this blog, none of you would enjoy the book. We can hope that people besides my blog-buddies will read it, but I'm not taking any chances...

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!