Thursday, December 20, 2007

Mike's 80s Dance Party

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

So I've finished the umpteenth draft of this Lennon/Beatles novel, which will be going out to editors after the first of the year. Positive mental imaging is, as always, welcome.

For reasons much too complicated to go into here, I found myself browsing YouTube for songs I first heard at Chicago's late, lamented Medusa's, an all-ages dance club at the corner of School and Sheffield, which I frequented in the mid- to late-80s. (Yes, I was by far the squarest guy in the joint; but one of the club's many virtues was how it accepted every kind of person, from skinhead, to punk, to sailor on leave, to chino-rific suburban kids like yours truly.)

Anyway, here were a few tunes I rediscovered:












I enjoyed being 17 again--a lot more than I liked it the first time around! Extra points to anyone who knew all the tunes.

1 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Skor the DJ says:

I miss the old Medusa's... Dj skor from chicago


Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!