Sunday, January 9, 2005

Brother Theodore

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

Getting over a cold so I'm checking in quickly before going back to bed. Recently I found something interesting that I wanted to pass on: this site about legendary nightclub comic Brother Theodore, who performed in Greenwich Village's 13th Street Theatre for decades. Though I--like everybody--saw the posters and stickers all around downtown, I never went to look. Now he's dead, and much happier no doubt. For fans of outre comedy, check it out. "The best thing is not to be born...but who is as lucky as that? Not one in millions and millions of people..."



You can hear some Brother Theodore in this edition of WNYC's "The No Show," archived here.

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!