Monday, June 8, 2009

The Century of the Self

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

I am currently working through a wonderful BBC documentary on how the ideas of Sigmund Freud have been used to control the masses (don't worry, it's anything but dry). It's called "The Century of the Self." The four episodes are below; I highly recommend it.

Part 1 of 4:


Part 2 of 4:


Part 3 of 4:


Part 4 of 4:

1 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Deborah Scott says:

Hi Mike,
Thank you for posting the Century of the Self. I now have an inkling as to why people are showing up to health care rallies with their guns on display. My theory is that today's focus-group driven, self-centered politics is creating and perpetuating a polarized atmosphere in our country. No matter who wins, the losers will always feel alienated; they are no longer represented by their country. I certainly felt that during the Bush years. Is there anyway to re-Unite the States? Will someone need to create a century of the selfless?


Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!