Friday, November 7, 2003

Roundup...

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

Longtime readers of this blog will know that the Kennedy and King assassinations are touchstones for me. (That means I think about them from time to time.) My interest has matured from an initial X-Files-of-American-History ghoulishness to a sober appraisal of who probably did what and why. Finally, these days, I find it all inexpressibly tragic and depressing, an example of how the worst elements of our country so often trump the best ones. Anyway, the fortieth anniversary of the JFK murder is coming up, and Here's an examination of several of the television specials and such that are planned.



In much happier news, it appears that Kurt Vonnegut is working on a new novel. Here's some excerpts, taken from a recent talk at the University of Wisconsin.

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!